Digital Transformation – necessary approach for sustainable development and closing the innovation gap between Romania and European countries
Reaching at its fourth edition, the Sibiu Innovation Days 2023 conference is already an important landmark on the innovation map in Romania, playing an important role in the development of collaborative networks between specialists from industry, public administration and the academic research community. Sibiu Innovation Days 2023 continues the previously successful editions (2020, 2021 and 2022) promoting the development of an innovation ecosystem in the Transylvania area, built around the Cluj IT cluster with impact in shaping the economic and social vitality of the entire region.
Agenda for October 5 includes the following:
- Keynote – chatGPT and clean IT, by Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel, former Director & CEO at Hasso Plattner Institute Potsdam Germany
- Keynote – AI and Education, by Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Frank Reichert, Department of Information and Communication Technology, Faculty of
- Engineering & Science, University of Agder
- Cybersecurity Panel
- AI Panel
- Innovative Partnerships Panel
Agenda for October 6th includes the following:
- Keynote- Digital Transformation in Post-Covid Era. Changing the Habits and Challenges, by Prof. Dr. Eng. Adrian Florea, Director KTC HPI-ULBS
- Jobs, Skills and Education of the future Panel
- Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities (smart mobility, energy efficiency, circular economy & sustainability) Panel
- Smart Health Panel
The community is invited to join the event in Sibiu for two days packed with valuable interventions related to the process of digital transformation and how can help our community of students, researchers, business and decision makers to add value to their projects, initiatives and day to day activities.
The event is looking to strengthen the collaboration among all these stakeholders, while also improving the way in which we all understand and use the innovative services available in Transylvania and in the Sibiu region. The conference activities will emphasize current research and development concerns of companies active in the area, as well as create new opportunities for collaboration among participants active in a wide array of industries and fields. While highlighting contributions from Hasso-Plattner Knowledge Transfer Institute, active in “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, to the development of the local innovation ecosystem, the conference represents an important component in consolidating Sibiu City’s position as an emerging innovation center.
Event organizers: “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Cluj IT Cluster, Asociatia Sibiu IT
Event location: Faculty of Letters and Arts, Lucian Blaga University in Sibiu
Address: No. 5-8 Victoriei Boulevard, Sibiu 550024